Domestic Violence

When I hear the words “domestic violence” I automatically think it concerns a physical altercation between a man and woman. However, domestic violence involves a larger arena. It can be applied to anyone who is related to one another as well as anyone who used to live together.

If you have family issues and need a protection order, you would need to file the request in family court. There, your request will be heard by a family law judge. However, if you are not related to the person with whom you are having issues, a civil restraining order would need to be filed in civil court. Another interesting nuance. If you have a family member who is bullying you and you feel that you need protection, consult with an experienced family law attorney.

That’s the job of our staff. The Law Office of Richard E. Bawden is here to assist you in the preparation and representation of domestic violence restraining orders. Call and make an appointment at 909.792.0222 or email us at

Although Serina has enjoyed working in the legal field for over 22 years, she also enjoys watching football (Denver Broncos), riding dirtbikes, camping, and playing with her two Yorkies - Tobi and Chloe.